Tuesday, April 5, 2011

i.Scrap - the Fitness Installment

 i.Made a goal to be fit and fab at 50!

I created this collage last Summer to make a visual representation of my health and fitness goals.  I chose this for the i.Scrap album as it is one of the most important choices that I made last year and one of the biggest areas for learning and growth for me.
Journaling reads:

Despite increased intensity and duration of workouts, during the Summer of 2010, my weight soared to the highest number it had been since being pregnant with twins in 1993. I developed problems with both knees and the pain in my low back returned.  I got scared. I knew I did not want to spend the rest of my life overweight, out-of-shape, and in pain.

I want to be fit and active - to dance, to play, to enjoy life.  I want to make healthy eating choices. On my 50th birthday I want to feel good about living in my own skin and to celebrate knowing that I am doing everything I can to make the most of the life still left in this body of mine!

10 comments:

Amy said...

I am so impressed with your resolve and determination - you are going to make it on this great healthy journey! :-)

Anonymous said...

Leaving you love and waving a Go You! placard!

Anonymous said...

Leaving you love and waving a Go You! placard!

scrappyjacky said...

You're doing great,Cheri....I need to follow your example!!

Anonymous said...

Your commitment is awesome, and I know you'll see the goal! Love the collage--haven't done one of those in a very long time.

Kelly Miller said...

Look at you -- committed, determined, following through. I'm so inspired by you!

Jo said...

That is a great layout and really inspiring journalling, well done

Melissa said...

Great idea to use your collage for your i.scrap album!

Deb @ PaperTurtle said...

I love this collage, Cheri! I'm quickly approaching 50 myself and it seems harder and harder to keep myself fit so I can definitely relate. Keep up the good work!!! xo

scrappysue said...

Great motivation here Cheri, go you! I had a similar goal for reaching 50; sadly I didn't give it enough priority. Good thing I still have 4 monhths left of my 50th year, so plenty of time to turn it around. Best of luck! Sue