Tuesday, September 7, 2010

On Reading and Riding

I finished "The Girl" series on Sunday. Luckily I had done all my weekend chores on Saturday while Jay & the girls were at a Phillies game. So nobody could complain when I sat around all day reading!

And did you catch that self-portrait in the book cover?
Another procrastination item off the "to do" list. I had been asking to have my car detailed for about three years (every birthday, Mother's Day, Christmas, etc.) I put it on my list. Even though I was promised it for one of those events, it never happened.

But along came teenage drivers. And just in case you didn't know, teenage drivers are hazardous to the health and well being of your vehicle. One young lady scraped the drivers side front bumper into the garage door jamb and covered it with white latex paint transfer. A few months later, another young lady ran the passenger side into the garage door jamb, leaving paint transfer from the passenger door to the end of the sliding door. My car looked like crap!

But look at it now! The interior looks brand new. The detailers did such a wonderful job cleaning the leather and carpets. And the exterior, well all the areas where paint has chipped off or cracked is still there. The dent in the passenger side sliding door from the latest mishap is still there. But 98% of the paint transfer was successfully buffed out! Yes, it was worth every last penny.

This post is part of a series for the online class Learn Something New Every Day.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

JEALOUS of the detailed van!! I'm sure teenagers do their fair share of damage, but for me it's hockey players killing the interior of my Highlander :) As for the book, I'm still at page 200 of the first one. Don't think I'll be reading the series. Good for you getting so far :)

Amy said...

I'm jealous of the clean car too - mine is dreadful! Little kids are bad for interiors too - and muddy,wet weather!
I'm loving your format for LSNED:-)

Anonymous said...

Wow, your van looks brand new! That's great! How did you like "The Girl Who..." series? I love your pages. May have to steal this layout for next year! :)

scrappyjacky said...

Spending time reading is one of my favourte occupations as well....I get totally lost in a book!!
And as for the state of my car....I'm not going to even discuss it!!!

Sian said...

You're starting to worry me..only 18 months until we have a teenage driver! And I'm going to have to get rid of my fast car because we won't be able to get insurance for him to drive it.

There is nothing better than a day with a book - and you certainly deserved it after everything you've been doing lately.

Gina said...

I just read the first book in that series, I am trying to figure out when I will have time to read the rest. You've reminded me that I really need to get my 4runner detailed after our beach vacation.

humel said...

The car looks fab, good as new :-)

I still haven't read any of the books though - but I'm sure once I start I won't be able to stop either!

Rachel said...

I might not have noticed you in the book cover if you hadn't mentioned it! I like that--very cool. I've read the first two books of that series but not the third yet. I'm afraid to get it started because I know I'll neglect everything else until I finish!