Tuesday, February 25, 2020

Thirty Questions

I "borrowed" this meme from Susanne over at Snaps and Snippets.

1. Who are you named after? 

My mother always told me that my name was inspired by the Four Seasons song "Sherry Baby".  But that can't be true because the song came out after I was born!  So, who knows?

2. Last time you cried? 

January 15th -  the day our kitty Ashley died.  Photo was about a month earlier.
3. Do you like your handwriting?

Yes. I get compliments on it all the time. Thanks to my second grade teacher Mrs. Spears who was a real stickler about penmanship.

4. What is your favorite meat?

Hmmm.  I mostly eat chicken or salmon, but I suppose my favorite is a properly cooked and seasoned filet mignon.

5. Longest relationship?

Technically it's my sister Deanna who is 4 years younger than me. Jay and I will celebrate 35 years of marriage this August.  

6. Do you still have your tonsils?

Yes.  But I'm short a gallbladder and 4 permanent teeth.

7. Would you bungee jump?

No way!  Not enough money in the world.

8. What is your favorite cereal? 

I don't eat cereal except the occasional bowl of oatmeal.  Does that count?

9. Do you untie your shoes when you take them off? 

Yes, always.

10. Do you think you're strong? 

Physically, I'm slowly getting stronger than I was, but strong, not so much.  Mentally, hell yes (minus the occasional bout of fibro fog).  Emotionally, yes - my overall life circumstances left me no other choice. It was be strong or lose myself in the mess.

11. Favorite ice cream?
I don't eat much ice cream anymore because of the sugar. But when I did, it was mint chip first.  Vanilla bean if mint chip wasn't available.  Or the orange/vanilla twist frozen custard at Kohr Brothers in Ocean City NJ. 
 Image result for kohrs ice cream

12. What is the first thing you notice about a person?

Their eyes, then their smile (hopefully!)

13. Football or Rugby?

Neither. The only time in my life I ever gave a fig about sports was when my daughters were playing soccer and I was a soccer Mom!

14. What color trousers are you wearing?

Black.

15. Last thing you ate? 

Organic no-sugar-added peanut butter on triscuits.

16. What are you listening to? 

I just finished The Great Alone by Kristin Hannah on Audible.  The book has stuck with me for three days now.  Maybe it just hit a little close to home in some respects.

17. If you were a crayon, what color would you be?

When I was a kid my favorite color was periwinkle.  Now I would be blue-green which is the closest my 64 box of crayola comes to teal.

18. What is your favorite smell?

Mint.  Followed closely by vanilla, apple-cinnamon, pumpkin spice, and thieves.

19. Who was the last person you talked to on the phone? 

my daughter Becca

20. Hair color? 

natural blonde with a little white at the temples.

21. Eye color? 

Undetermined.  I've always said hazel, thinking that was the combination of blue-green.  Learned from Susanne's answers that hazel actually refers to a combination of green & brown. My eyes are blue-green-gray depending on the light and what I'm wearing.  The Iris has a darker blue ring on the outer edge, is pale blue-gray in the center, and has a little bit of what I think is green closest to the pupil.  I did some research - some articles are calling it blue-green, others are calling my combination gray.  So I don't know.

22. Favorite foods to eat? 

Comfort foods like pizza, homemade mac & cheese, baked potato soup - these are my favorites but I rarely eat them anymore.

23. Scary movies or happy endings?

Happy endings.  I don't care much for scary movies as a genre.

24. Last movie you watched?

At the theater - the final Star Wars movie
At home - Jumanji

25. What color shirt are you wearing? 

Gray Life is Good graphic tee


26. What is your favorite holiday? (English ladies mean vacation.)

Spending time near an ocean.  Not particular about which one.  I just like walking the beach at sunrise or sunset and enjoying the roar of the waves.  The rest of my family, unfortunately, prefers Disney World.

27. Beer or wine? 

Neither.  I've never really cared for alcohol in any form.  If I'm in a situation where it would be impolite or noticed to pass, I drink DiSaronno amaretto on the rocks.
28. Night Owl or Morning Person? 

Also neither.  I'm strictly a middle-of-the-day person!  Takes me a while to get going in the morning and I'm tired by 9:30 or 10:00 p.m.

29.  If you could live anywhere, where would it be?

Hawaii.  Or anyplace with moderate temperatures and beaches.  But not unless I was also close to my kids... so basically, any place they are.

30. Favorite day of the week?

Monday.  Yes I'm weird. But it always feels like there is so much possibility in the week ahead on a Monday.

2 comments:

Carola Bartz said...

That's a lot of questions to answer, but I enjoyed reading your answers. Maybe I will sit down and go through it myself. I had to laugh about the bungee jump question - I would never do it as well, but my daughter did it while on an internship in South Africa. The video alone makes my stomach flip, but she said it was amazing.

Melissa said...

Great post about you! (I have the 30 questions in an upcoming post. :))

I read The Great Alone a few weeks before we went to Alaska back in 2018. It really made the experience better because of the description of the land and the people and the perils of winters there.

Ok, I recognize all these scents - Mint, vanilla, apple-cinnamon, pumpkin spice ... but thieves?? I had to look that one up!