Friday, May 18, 2018

PLAY - Life Book 2018

Sorry to say that I'm a bit behind in this course.  I'm still creating, but I have a lot of projects in various stages of completion and haven't started anything from the most recent three weeks of classes.  But hey, I haven't given up and packed up my brushes either!  So I suspect the creativity will all come in due time, right???

Here's what I've been up to:
 This is my art for Week 15.  The teacher was Christie Dranak and she wanted us to draw a self-portrait of our super hero.  Of course, with a LOT of artistic license... here's my inner super woman... in power pose... wearing the red dress that's hanging in my closet but doesn't fit me ... just yet ... I'm working on that!















And this is my Sacred Dream Bowl from Week 13 teacher Nanda Boukes.  We were supposed to make a bowl from clay, but sculpting just isn't my thing, so I found a ceramic bowl at a thrift shop for 49 cents to use as my base.  I finished with a white pearlescent paint that muted the colors a bit more than I preferred, but for a first attempt at this kind of 3D art, I'm still happy with it!

4 comments:

Karen said...

Your art work is amazing. I'm always in awe of your paintings, and I just love the Sacred Dream Bowl.

Carola Bartz said...

That's my experience with (several) Life Book courses as well - I was trailing behind. But still a great course with so much to learn. I love the bowl, you created something very beautiful.

Patio Postcards said...

I do like that idea of a sacred dream bowl. I wish your bowl to be full. Right now I am lacking in that area of my life. Your Hero Lady is wonderful, you have such a talent of "seeing".

As it is a holiday Monday here, I think I might search of what I can make into a dream bowl, who knows what the might jump start!! Thanks for the wonderful idea.

Cheryl said...

Hi, friend! It's so nice to see your face, as well as your beautiful art. I've missed you. Looks like we've been intermittently in the blogosphere at different times - glad I dusted off my reader today! That was a brilliant adaptation for the dream bowl (clay isn't my thing either). Looks like you've found an awesome class! Glad to see you're still creating. <3