Friday, February 16, 2018

An Attitude of Gratitude

The month of February seems to have a Gratitude theme in many areas of my life. 

In Cathy Zielski's FIT class, we were asked to document 10 things we are grateful for.  This is what I came up with:

 I've been reading this list every morning just to remind myself that I have so much to be thankful for in my life!

Gratitude also came up in our Life Book class.  Here's my "Heart Full of Happiness" art:

An earlier week had us working on a project called "The Custodian" working with texture and using pastels which were totally new to me.  I struggled with it, but was satisfied with the result in the end and learned a lot about shading:

In the background texture, I've included words like "Play" "Joy" "light hearted" and "healthy" and she now gets to guard my intentions for the year.


I'm also keeping a daily log of something I'm grateful for that day.  The beautiful sunsets I got to witness thanks to traveling to California for work this month definitely made the list!



What are YOU grateful for this month???

5 comments:

Patio Postcards said...

Those are beautiful sunsets. I like your FIT gratitude page. I use to buy the official Sarah Ban Breathnach Gratitude Journal & write at least 3 things every day I was grateful for, now I just use a pretty notebook & write as many things as I want. Gratitude does change the attitude.

Karen said...

First, your art work is just beautiful! I'd be so please if I could draw a portrait like either of those! In the last several months, I've done a lot of reading on a wonderful site: https://gratefulness.org/ I've been keeping a gratitude journal off and on for over a year. When we get home from our trip (in Chicago now), I have a new gratitude journal for 2018 which includes some lovely quotations as well as ideas to think about. From the first site, I found a link to another site which is researched based. Their articles are good, and the emails are very interesting as well. https://greatergood.berkeley.edu/ Lastly, the sunset with the palm silhouettes is frame-worthy!!!

Melissa said...

What a wonderful post!! I’m grateful for so many things, one of which is friends near & far!

alexa said...

You have taken some lovely photos here ... Admiring your artistic skill too! and glad to read how gratitude is supporting you this year. Me, I'm grateful for feeling life's energy despite the tiredness at times.

Missus Wookie said...

Gorgeous drawings and shadings. We're not doing a family gratitude project this year, I'm considering restarting my own. I did find it useful.