Wednesday, September 17, 2014

A Year of Kindness - Challenge Week 37

I hope that last week you all had an opportunity to practice kindness by being nice to someone who annoys you. I had a few opportunities and was glad to take advantage of them and flex my patience muscles... those muscles still need some good work-outs... they tend to get flabby when I'm not paying close attention!

This week we are turning the tables back to ourselves - your challenge - TREAT YOURSELF.

Whether you give yourself a spa day, buy yourself some flowers, take yourself on a photo walk, gift yourself with time to be creative.... whatever you choose... just do something for yourself that will help you refill your own well.

I'm heading on a train to D.C. on Friday morning. Spending two days with my girl Sarah and going to see the "Oprah Live The Life You Want" weekend. I hope to come back inspired and full of energy.  Because I'm home for ONE day before I turn around and hop a plane to California for a work conference. I already feel as though I've been scarce on my blog and it is because September is proving to be a crazy month. Sarah was home the first weekend. I put her on the train on Monday afternoon, cleaned up the guest room on Tuesday, and picked my mother up from the airport on Wednesday. She was here through Saturday. And I feel like I am still trying to catch up with my own life while preparing for this next round of travel.  I'm pretty much gone for the rest of September!  So if you don't see me posting much or commenting on your blogs, that is why. Busy girl!

6 comments:

Sian said...

Ha! This post has come at the right time for me..I've been hovering over a couple of books on Amazon. Now I think I just will be kind to myself and hit buy..

So good to read that you have the energy to be busy. Hope you are taking some time to rest, though

Barbara Eads said...

You know, life seems to just get busier and busier---mostly in a good way. Sounds to me like you could use a spa day yourself! I can't wait to hear about your "Oprah Live the Life you Want" weekend. That seems to go right along with your "treat yourself" challenge!

scrappyjacky said...

I think I may have already done this one this past weekend....2 whole days crafting in the company of a wonderful group of blogging friends!
Hope life manages to slow down a bit for you.

Anonymous said...

Oh, it sounds like you have a fun weekend trip planned! Enjoy! This right here is how I'm treating myself, spending time in the blogosphere. Safe travels!

Karen said...

It may be busy, but it sounds like a good kind of busy. Nothing better than family time, and although I rarely traveled for work, a trip to California sounds OK, too! Travel safe, and we'll be looking forward to reports when you have time.

Missus Wookie said...

Family busy (at least the right sort of family busy) is always a blessing. I'm another hoping to hear about your Oprah weekend.