Sunday, March 2, 2014

One Little Word - February

This year I am taking One Little Word with Ali Edwards via her website. There is a great facebook group and you can sign up at any time during the year to get access. My word is KIND. The February Assignment was in two parts. First was to create action cards for the year. Ali suggested 12. I chose to do six for now and will re-visit this prompt on my own in the second half of the year and create six new cards.

Although Ali provided card templates, I chose to get creative. I used 3x4 project life grid cards. I did a lot of painting, misting, and stamping on both the cards and the background pages of my Smash Album (it was all die and VERY busy and distracting). I had fun with this one and loved the opportunity to use my Washi tape too!

The second part of the assignment was to create "reflections" cards for each month of the year.  Rather than posting these visibly on the page, I created pockets for each month's card to slip into. This way I can share the page but keep my journaling private if I choose.  I put these pockets on the last four pages of the Smash Album
At some point I will probably go back and decorate the pockets.

Inside each pocket is one of the Project Life foldable cards (these are from the Olive Edition). This gives me plenty of room to journal my reflections of the month that has just passed.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

I love the intentions page with all the misting & stamping & (of course) the washi tape! Great idea to use the pockets & folding cards for the reflections, too.

I'm hoping to read through the March materials tomorrow - I peeked yesterday & know it's about a vision board. Sounds like FUN!

Karen said...

I love the pockets, the hidden journaling and the use of the folded Project Life cards. Love the Washi tape, too!