Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Story Telling Sunday - My Precious 7

I was at a loss this month. Not in the mood to discuss another piece of jewelry with specific meaning and honestly couldn't think of a travel related "precious" having already shared my pin vest and my sea glass collection. I'm just not really into tchotchke type souvenirs.  So I waited and thought about it.  And thought some more. And wandered my home aimlessly, looking for inspiration.

Then I decided to just start reading other bloggers' Story Telling Sunday posts.  I got through the first six on the linky list and observed that "precious" really does come in all shapes and sizes and styles.  And that's when my idea came to me....

Today I'm celebrating something that is precious simply because it brings me pleasure.  It has no history, no back story, and isn't anything I would grab in the event of a fire. It is all easily replaceable.  My Precious this month is:

Tools of the Trade:
*warning - mildly racy tongue-in-cheek commentary follows! ;-)

If you follow my posts regularly, you won't be surprised to know I've been having a bit of a fling with these guys the past few weeks. I couldn't believe how much I really missed them until I started hooking up with them again on a regular basis. 

No, I don't have a favorite. Each one of them has a place in my life and meets my needs in their own unique way. So whether I'm rolling around with my brayer, turning up the heat with my Ranger gun, sticking to the sheets with my washi tape, or just spreading color love with random brushes and paints, you can be certain that I'm having a good time! 

But please don't think less of me.  I can assure you this is no tawdry affair, no one-night-stand, no short term thing. It's honest-to-goodness real L.O.V.E. love!  These guys just know how to make a girl happy... seems to be built into their DNA or something. And I intend to keep them around for a long time.

For more Precious Stories visit Sian's Story Telling Sunday.

13 comments:

Maria Ontiveros said...

Oooh la la! You do get around, don't you?!
rinda

Deb @ PaperTurtle said...

Haha - oh my gosh I L.O.V.E. love this post. And I cracked up over Rinda's comment.

Awesome choice of precious and a very clever read. ;o) You go, girl!

Cheryl said...

What a cute write-up! And this is a really smart take on what's precious.

Jo.C said...

Love your take on this and made me smile. Enjoy them.

Sian said...

Definitely my kind of Precious! let's celebrate what we love and appreciate what we have, eh? Great stuff..and a very entertaining read. Thanks Cheri. I love it.

Karen said...

Great pick, and delightfully told!

scrappyjacky said...

My kind of precious as well....and love how you 'unfolded' the story.

Alison said...

A great read, Cheri!
Alison xx

Lisa-Jane said...

Yes yes yes!! Totally "get" your precious. You are definitely among friends here :-)

Miriam said...

LOVE this post Cheri. Yes lets celebrate what just makes us happy!

Anonymous said...

Fabulous post Cheri. You are such a naughty girl!

jeanie g said...

I agree with you whole heartedly, they are a must have addiction with me now too. Thank you for reading my story and leaving a message, truly appreciated.

Missus Wookie said...

I like to have a bit of a flirtation myself with the various tools and definitely go through phases of who is my current favourite. Both the tools and the skills to use them are precious to me.