so...did you miss me? I left for vacation with the best of intentions and highest of hopes.... the vast majority of which never happened. What I did NOT do on vacation:
- Catch up with my online classes. In fact, I didn't look at a single one of them.
- Read blogs. Well, not entirely my fault. The Old Reader was down for several days. I tried signing on to BlogLovin but I seriously can't make heads or tails of that set up. So I skimmed through the 50+ posts waiting for me today, but didn't comment. I promise I'll try to make it up during the week.
- Lay on the beach soaking up rays like the rest of my family... sorry, I burn way too easily for that. And I'm not a fan of the mid-day humidity either.
- Stick to my grain free, sugar free diet. Let's just say I'm a sucker for ice cream and once you've strayed off the path, it is so easy to keep going further over to the dark side. But I need to get back on track PRONTO.
- Spend time being creative. I took watercolors. But I only played with them once. I had intentions of doing some digi-scrapping. But my heart just wasn't into spending time with my computer.
- Walked on the beach every morning - early - before most of the people were even out and about. And really upped my step count. It was awesome!
- Read four novels - totally useless trashy chick lit - and enjoyed every minute of it.
- Spent quality time with my family.
- Ate out a lot - including ice cream sundaes and cinnamon buns. yes, plural. Yum.
- Cooked a little. Did four loads of laundry. Picked up constantly after messy teens. Being on "vacation" doesn't ever really mean a free pass for Mom, does it?
- Took tons of photos - nearly 500 actually. I'll have to thin that out, a lot of them are rubbish, but the practice was good. And allowed me to add to my collection for Rinda's Scavenger Hunt.
Our first night in Ocean City was the "Nights in Venice" boat parade on the bay. The Ocean City Police were out in force. And I guess when you protect and serve an island, it makes sense that you drive a police boat!
#4 An Airplane:
While waiting for the boat parade to start, this old-fashioned prop plane flew by. I wish I could have gotten better detail, but I was practically shooting into the sun to get this.
I kept watching the sky, hoping I would be able to capture sunset, but we were a tad early for that (especially since the sun sets over the bay). However, the sun and clouds were doing some glorious things and I kept shooting. So after weeks of gazing at the clouds and seeing nothing but clouds, I finally captured
#12 A Cloud in the Shape of Something:
What I see is at the bottom right. A young girl, head titled back, arm and hand raised to her face, shouting into the wind. I see a defined chin, lips, a button nose, eye, and ear. Do you see it??? I was seriously beginning to doubt my imaginative capabilities until I saw this. The sun rays are real. I did add a couple of rad lab filters to boost the turquoise and blue - straight out of the camera this is more pale blue sky and grey clouds.
All that on our first night! I'll share more of my finds from Ocean City throughout the week.