Thursday, April 18, 2013

Clean & Simple #2

The week 2 assignment was an 8.5x11 page highlighting our blessings.

The Photoshop Elements lessons included wrapping the text around the numbers (which were png files) and learning how to break apart a word art element (the page title) into separate layers so that you can recolor different parts of it.  I also learned about the color swatch feature of PSE that allows you to save swatches for reuse on a layout (nice when you are recoloring multiple items and don't want to keep trying to "find" the same color each time or jot down the RGB numbers).

For those of you who find the above paragraph to be greek, no worries, ignore it!
I just took Cathy's 8.5x11 template, stuck it on a piece of 12x12 paper and added some embellishments for fun!  For most of the class the template was a white background. I just can't seem to bring myself to leave it alone!

12 comments:

scrappyjacky said...

This is such a lovely page,Cheri....and reading through it....I feel that many of my 'blessings' are the same as yours.

Cheryl said...

Beautiful! Oy, I have so much catching up to do...

Maria Ontiveros said...

Gorgeous! Like you, I have never learned to love white space.
Rinda

Anonymous said...

Lovely page Cheri

Anonymous said...

Lovely page Cheri

Karen said...

It's another beautiful page. I didn't have any second thoughts about not enrolling in this class until I read about the PSE lesson. Now I wish I'd taken it, even though I don't do digital scrapbooking.

Amy said...

I am so impressed that you have turned a very typical CZ template into a very typical CA layout!

Sian said...

It's funny - even a year ago I would have called it Greek, but I'm getting more and more interested by these kinds of technical challenges!

it's a wonderful page.

Missus Wookie said...

I like white space and I like it coloured :) Gorgeous colours you've used here too.

Ginger said...

I love your layout Cheri and I even understand your first paragraph of your post! I thought about taking Cathy's class and I'm sure I will regret it. Oh well :) It's nice to see here what you are learning.

Melissa said...

This is lovely Cheri - I like it better with the patterned paper background - so happy!

alexa said...

You have made a page full of visual interest and it's been fascinating to read too. Your home looks lovely (and quite big from here!) I have those elements stashed away somewhere too :).