Deb's Pot Luck Blog Hop, right?
- 1 1/2 sleeves of saltine crackers (about 40 crackers)
- 1 1/2 sticks of butter (12 tbsps or 3/4 cup)
- 1 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 pkg (2 cups) chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line baking sheet (with sides) with aluminum foil and spray with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Arrange crackers in a single layer on the baking sheet, all touching with no empty spaces between them. Set aside remaining crackers.
3. Melt butter in a small saucepan over medium-high heat. Add brown sugar and stir until mixture comes to a rolling boil. Once boiling, pour mixture over the crackers in an even layer, trying to cover most of the crackers. The rest will happen in the oven!
4. Bake for just five (5) minutes, until the toffee is bubbling all over. Remove pan from oven and allow to cool one minute.
5. Sprinkle on chocolate chips and put back in the oven for one minute to melt the chips. Remove from oven. Using a knife or spatula, spread chocolate evenly over toffee.
6. Crush about five crackers into fine crumbs and sprinkle over while the chocolate is still hot and sticky.
7. Refrigerate for about half an hour to cool and set. Once set, break by hand into small uneven pieces. Can be stored in an airtight container for up to a week.
Variations: Instead of regular semi-sweet chocolate chips, you can try dark chocolate chips, a mixture of chocolate and mint chips, and my personal favorite... a mixture of milk chocolate and peanut butter chips to make Reese's peanut butter toffee! For the holidays, crush peppermints to sprinkle on top in place of crushed crackers.
This recipe is super easy and a wonderful crowd pleaser!
If you came here from Rhona's blog, there is just one hop left - head on over to Carrie's to see how she is finishing off this Pot Luck! If you happened to start here and want to check out the rest of the party, follow the list below, or check back if you get lost along the way:
Deb @ PaperTurtle – http://paperturtle.blogspot.com
Rinda @ Gallo Organico – http://gallorganico.blogspot.com/
Beverly @ BE glorious - http://beglorious.blogspot.com/
Alison @ Life in the Slow Lane – http://alisonslife-in-the-slow-lane.blogspot.com/
Fiona @ Staring at the Sea – http://fiona-staringatthesea.blogspot.com/
Amy @ Over at our Place - http://overatourplace.blogspot.com/
The “Not So” Small One @ From High in the Sky – http://fromhighinthesky.blogspot.com/
Jacky @ Scrappy Jacky - http://scrappyjackylive.blogspot.com/
Deb @ Deb’s World – http://debs14.blogspot.com/
Ginger @ Ginger’s Life of Spice - http://gingerslifeofspice.blogspot.com/
Karen @ Tales from the Scrapheap - http://talesfromthescrapheap.blogspot.com/
Karen @ Random Reflections - http://kbwalker.blogs.com/random_relfections/
Ruth @ Everyday Life of a Suburban SAHM - http://suburbansahm.blogspot.com/
Stephanie @ La Dolce Vita - http://dreamingladolcevita.blogspot.com/
Ruth @ Chatty Crafty Arty Pig - http://chattycraftyartypig.blogspot.com/
Margaret @ Finnegan Begin Again – http://margaretfinnegan.blogspot.com/
Becca @ La Jolie Fleur Rouge - http://lajoliefleurrouge.blogspot.com/
Rhona @ Life in General - http://rhonacs-lifeingeneral.blogspot.com/
Cheri @ Scrap Dreams - http://cheriandrews.blogspot.com/ <------YOU ARE HERE
Carrie @ Rosalind Revival – http://www.rosalindrevival.com/ <-------- NEXT STOP