Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Picture Winter - 17

"Stark Raving Magnificent"

Prompt 17 asked us to photograph a "stark" scene. Tracey said to "Think minimal beauty. Think simple."  This was the view out a Northeast facing window this morning.  We had ice overnight that coated all the snow, the trees, and obviously, the windows.  I thought this qualified as stark!
View from a Southeast facing window - significantly less ice and definitely more light! :)  But still pretty stark, except for that teeny tiny spot of sunrise...

4 comments:

quiltingfool said...

I think I like the top one best.

Anonymous said...

Are you anywhere near Pittsburgh? There were truly frightening shots of people sliding down the hills (in their vehicles) tonight on the news. Scary!

Kelly Miller said...

Top one is my fave, too!

humel said...

That's ice?! I thought it was a special kind of glass!