Thursday, July 26, 2018

Bidding a Sad Farewell to The Digichick

My time on Kimeric Kreation's creative team was cut very short. I knew when I signed on for Kim's team that she was battling cancer.  Neither of us knew how little time she had left.  I was able to create layouts from two new releases before she was unable to create any longer.

Kim was not just a designer, but also the owner of The Digichick shop.  Although she tried to make arrangements to pass the shop along to a new owner, there just wasn't sufficient time for all the knowledge and information to be shared.  Kim passed on July 11, 2018, at home with her partner Eric.  And ultimately all the potential new owners determined that it was just not feasible to operate the shop without Kim - the shop's true heart and soul.

So right now everything in the shop is on sale 50% off.  Good through July 31 only.  Then the shop closes it's doors forever. If you are looking for a bargain on some beautiful digi supplies, now would be the time to visit!

As a tribute to Kim, all of the designers at The Digichick contributed to this beautiful collab:
This entire kit is available for just $9.00 HERE.

Here's the layout I made with this kit:
In creating this layout as a tribute to Kim, I consciously chose colors, styles, and elements from the collab kit that she would have used in her own designs.  But this kit is HUGE and has something for everyone and every style.  If you want to see how many different ways a single kit can be used, go to the link above and check out all the different tribute layouts made from this kit!

I have plans already in play with a couple of other designers, but I'll save that post for another time.  Today I just want to honor Kim's beautiful spirit and give thanks that I collected so many of her kits over the years that I'll still be scrapping with her designs for years to come!

3 comments:

Patio Postcards said...

Your page is a beautiful tribute. I am sure she is helping to make heaven a colourful place.

Karen said...

How terribly sad! Your page is gorgeous and a wonderful tribute.

Melissa said...

I'm so sorry to hear this. Your page is such a beautiful tribute!