Monday, August 31, 2015

Scavenger Hunt 4 - the Monday Wave Edition

I've been home from our family trip to the shore for nine days now... and I'm still catching up with my life!

Here are a few more scavenger hunt photos I managed during the month of August:

#6 A Metal Bridge.  This is the bridge connecting New Hope PA to Lambertville NJ. We cross it almost every week on our way to the Golden Nugget Flea Market.  The entire bridge is metal - even the road surface that you drive on. Which means it hums and vibrates as you are driving over it.  I hate it!

#18 - overloaded trash truck on the Boardwalk

#3 - A person walking a dog. 

Alternative A - People Eating Outside - my family at the Baia Restaurant (bayside in Somers Point NJ).  This was a covered deck with an open side and a great view of the bay (you can see the reflection of it in the windows behind them) 

#8 Someone "plugged in" to social media.  All three girls on their cell phones posting to Instagram and Snap Chat.  They are pretty good about leaving the phones alone during the meal. This was after dessert and we were just waiting for the check to be processed.

#13 A Carousel.  This one is at the Cape May County Zoo. No horses on this carousel - it is all zoo animals.

#18 Overloaded Car.  This is the back of my van loaded up with Becca's stuff for back to college.  It would have been far worse, but she was able to leave a lot of her stuff at Rachel's room over the Summer AND we took two cars, so the stuff Rachel was taking back (mostly clothing and toiletries) was in the other vehicle.  There was stuff in both middle seats and on the floor as well - Only the front driver and passenger seat left room for people!

So now the girls are all back at their respective homes away from home and I'm settling back into life here. Linking up with Rinda's Scavenger Hunt and waving hello to Sian and all the Monday wavers!

14 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Goodness, I simply ADORE that carousel. Very clever, and who says the carousel has to have horses, anyway? This is probably my favorite of all the ones I've seen so far.

I thought both overloaded vehicles were right on point. I enjoyed both. Clever way to capture social media, too. I had a lot of trouble with that one! Your photos are gorgeous.

Fiona@Staring at the Sea said...

What a beautiful and unusual carousel. We'll be loading up the car very soon, to deliver my boy to university for the first time.

Melissa said...

Great finds for the hunt! Hope y'all had a great vacation!

Maggie said...

I just love that carousel! I can almost here that bridge from here. I guess it can get slippery too. Great finds.

Karen said...

I love that family photo! What beautiful girls you have---and a pretty handsome husband as well! The carousel is amazing--what a fun find!

Sian said...

Waving back! What can I say but echo the other comments? A wonderful carousel and a beautiful family picture :)

Have a great week Cheri

helena said...

great photos of your family and the loaded car tells a great story

Lady Ella said...

Like both your overloaded vehicles - I keep missing my chances! But my fave is your bridge. Great find and great photo.

MonicaB said...

Love the hummingbird on the carousal.

I didn't think about taking a photo of our car with all our luggage for overloaded car. Still looking for that one.

BJ said...

I adore that carousel too and the bridge as we don't have them like that in the UK. So is a boardwalk, always made of boards, this one looks like it is. Are they built over something or are they piers? BJ who has never really thought of boardwalks before.

JansArtyJunk said...

Fabulous finds... Loving that zoo carousel :)

Alison said...

Just. Catching up....looks like you had a good trip with your sister and glad to hear you are feeling better xx

Missus Wookie said...

Cool set of photos - especially that a carousel! Looks like you had a great time at the beach :)

alexa said...

What a handsome family! Looks like a lovely place to be eating out. Brilliant carousel - you have some great finds here. Hope you had a good week, now that it's quieter. I often wonder how on earth I managed at university, coming and going on public transport with just one suitcase!