Monday, July 6, 2015

Summer of Color - Weeks 3 & 4

I'm participating in Kristin's Summer of Color Challenge for my third year.

I decided this year to do some 3D style mixed-media projects - specifically - altered bottle art.  These were finished timely, but I've been sick (yes, head cold round 2) so I'm very late posting.  And to my regular readers... I'll be offline the rest of this week - traveling to visit the inlaws.

Week 3 - lavender plus violet plus yellow:


Week 4 - burgundy plus red-orange plus metallic (gold):
The "lid" is actually a filigree drawer knob, held in place with several rounds of packing tape!  This was originally a vintage cough syrup bottle.  Have to say that this one currently holds second place behind the sea glass one in my heart!

13 comments:

Melissa said...

So sorry to hear you've been under the weather!!! Hope you're feeling better & have a great trip!

Both of these bottles turned out great. These are much better than the original INSPIRATION pieces! :)

Miriam said...

Oh! Im sorry you are poorly again Cheri. both pieces this week are really beautiful but the red wins my heart. Get well soon. x

Sian said...

Hope you are feeling better for your trip

I love the vintage cough syrup bottle, with the stopper which is a touch of genius

scrappyjacky said...

I seriously love the second one....so beautifully vintage.
Hope you're feeling better.

Barbara Eads said...

You have a knack for transforming old bottles in to works of art! Just beautiful!

Karen said...

These are both gorgeous! Do you have a plan for displaying them? Hope you're feeling better, and enjoy your time away.

Alison said...

These are beautiful (the red grabs me too!)...hope you feel better and enjoy your trip xx

Fiona@Staring at the Sea said...

Oh, I love the cough syrup bottle. And the stopper? Brilliant! Sorry to read you're under the weather. A friend of mine (with fibro) was recommended Sambucol to boost her immunity. She swears by it and I kept a bottle in the cupboard last winter, to take when the children came home with a cold. It seemed to work for me too. Maybe worth a shot.

Maria Ontiveros said...

I love the red and gold one myself!
I've fallen behind in SOC.
Maybe this weekend I'll catch up

Valerie said...

Absolutely gorgeous!

quiltingfool said...

I am really loving these. So much so that I bought three bottles at the Dollar Store to copy your idea. Haven't done anything with them yet though. I would use any one of these in my house and be proud to show it off (hint, hint, birthday coming.....)

Missus Wookie said...

Oh this is lovely - have a great time away, hope you are feeling better.

alexa said...

This was such an original project when you announced it and what you have been producing is just stunning ... my heart is with the lavender this time! And hoping you are feeling a lot better - travelling when poorly is no fun :(.