Saturday, September 15, 2012

In Search of a Horse

On the now infamous van ride through Corsicana, including the wrong side of the tracks,

I found one of the items for Rinda's 2012 Summertime Photo Scavenger Hunt.  You must understand that as the Hunt winds down I'm nearing desperation. One of the items that was eluding me was a horse. There are plenty of them around where I live - only they are never out when I am. Or if they are, there is no place to pull over and take a photo without putting one's life in jeopardy.  So I figured if I couldn't find a horse in Texas, well then, there were just no horses to be found!

In the same place where Melissa found a great American flag painted on a garage door, I found these:
Okay, I might be stretching the definition of "horse" here, but I have to get points for originality, right?

And then we found this mural painted on the side of the Corsicana Public Library:
At this time the living, breathing creature continues to elude me. But at least I know this counts!

10 comments:

scrappyjacky said...

The mural is a great find,Cheri.

Sian said...

Yes, definitely points for originality. I like it!

Elizabeth said...

Definitely you should get points for originality for the saw horses!

quiltingfool said...

So why didn't you photoshop me out of that photo? Lordy do I look awful! Guess that's what happens when you get old! :)

Maria Ontiveros said...

You know I would totally give you credit for the saw horses! I love this post - especially the title and that first picture. It really brightened my day!
Rinda

humel said...

It definitely counts - great finds!

PS Belated happy birthday to your beautiful girls xx

Alison said...

Two great pics Cheri!
Alison xx

Ginger said...

Love your way of thinking Cheri!!

Karen said...

LOL! Horses were actually one of the easier ones around here. Strange how the search is different for all of us.

Melissa said...

LOL Cheri - I'm with your mom on this one & could have definitely been Photoshopped out of that photo! The other two photos turned out great & I'm so glad we found a horse on that infamous ride! All it takes are a few u-turns to find just the right thing for the hunt! :>)