This is my Ten on the Tenth Post - albeit late. I've had the idea for this post in the back of my mind for two months now and just couldn't seem to make it happen. But here it is!
1. June has been flying by in a frenetic fury. We've already experienced a Prom, we are a week into the latest Becca/Peter break-up drama (outcome yet to be determined), a Graduation , a flurry of medical appointments for various family members, and seriously one of the craziest busy periods of work for me yet! I still haven't had a chance to play with my new toy either. Do you ever have times like this in your life, where you feel like you just can't catch your breath? So I've been reading everyone's blog posts, but haven't always had time to comment. But I'm there!
2. Would you love to receive daily uplifting emails... love Notes from the Universe? I get them daily and frequently enough they are so on point to what I need to hear. It's free and you can sign up HERE.
3. I'm late in sharing this:
Deb sent in the crazy-quilt butterfly I'd made for her butterfly project, I felt compelled to finish the Butterfly Canvas I'd started for her before the butterfly project. And here it is! You can't see the sides, but there are butterflies there too! And between painted butterflies, stamped butterflies, die-cut butterflies, rub-on butterflies, butterflies cut from thank you cards and gift wrap, and a hand made modeling paste butterfly... well, there are 51 butterflies on the canvas!
4. I know a lot of you followed my burst of productivity during LOAD last month. Were you curious about trying it out, but afraid to commit to an entire month? Lain is offering her one week version, Your Story Matters, at a name your own price special. Literally, it goes into the shopping cart at $0.00 and you can leave that if you want... or change it to any amount you feel moved to offer. It starts on June 24th. Click the Your Story Matters link to sign up!
5. And speaking of FREE classes, Jessica Sprague is offering Photoshop Top 5 free - beginning June 18th, so hurry!
6. While I'm on a roll with the internet freebies... Have you always wanted a Gratitude Practice, but had a hard time remembering to write in a journal or think about it each day? I did! Until I stumbled across Grateful160.com. They will send you a daily (or up to 4x/day) email or text asking you what you are grateful for at that moment. Your responses are kept in an online journal and emailed back to you weekly or you can access it at any time. Again... free or a donation of your choosing. Click HERE to sign up. For me, it is helping to keep gratitude front and center in my life.
7. Our next big EVENT here is the Graduation Party on June 30th - family and friends. I'm feeling a little overwhelmed. If you have any great ideas for food, decorations, or entertainment (think INexpensive or DIY) please do share! Point me to your favorite board on Pinterest or link me up with tutorials and recipes. I did get the invites out... honestly, pretty darn happy with them!
8. One thing I love to do when I'm feeling overwhelmed is meditate. It is a relatively new practice for me (started in February), but I do find it helps keep me calm, focused, and centered. Yep, FOCUSed. Never saw that one coming when I chose my One Little Word! If you are interested in trying meditation without spending cash, Susan Piver offers The Open Heart Project. Again, free. Click HERE to check it out.
9. The last "31 Things" layout I managed to complete. I'm two weeks behind in this course!
10. Have I mentioned lately how grateful I am to have all of you in my life? Really and truly I am. I love my blog tribe!