Saturday, October 8, 2011

Tucson - Anatomy of a Business Trip

Tuesday morning, we left for the Philadelphia Airport before sunrise, at 6 a.m.
actually.  It is about and hour and fifteen minutes to the airport.
This was the view from I 95 just before we pulled into the Airport grounds.
Pulling into the Philadelphia Airport.  7:15 a.m. I spent the next eight hours in 
airports and on planes, arriving in Tucson at 12:30 local time (3:30 my time).

I didn't really see much of Tucson. I saw a dust storm flying in. I saw the airport.    
drove a whopping 18 miles from the airport to the hotel.  I spent my entire day 
and a half on hotel grounds.  

View from the back of the hotel lobby, overlooking the pool and the mountains 
behind the hotel.

Cactus along the road leading up to the hotel. I took a walk 
back down (85 degrees and 1:30 in the afternoon... what 
was I thinking?) the road to take photos.

This view is from outside the front of the hotel... from the upper level parking 
area.  Tucson is definitely not flat!
View from the balcony of my hotel room, looking left.  If I looked straight out I 
was facing the pool and to the right, the main hotel  lobby.

Wednesday, I spent nearly 9 hours inside one of the hotel conference rooms. I
took 14 pages of notes.  Afterwards I was spent. I went back to my room, called
for room service, and read until bedtime.

Thursday, I was up at 4:30 a.m. and drove myself back to the Tuscon airport in 
the dark.  And did the whole first day in reverse. Arriving back at my home 
around 7:30 p.m.  Another U.S. city down and no site seeing done.  Some day 
that's going to change.

13 comments:

Amy said...

I think you and The Engineer could exchange some wonderful notes about room service and views from hotel rooms on business trips! It all sounds exotic, but ends up being tiring and a bit of a whirlwind .... do you wake up wondering where on earth you are?

Ginger said...

Pretty photos Cheri:)Hubby says the same about his trips! Have a great weekend:)

debs14 said...

Sometimes business trips are not as glamourous as they sound! You've got some great photos though.

Fiona@Staring at the Sea said...

Great views, love that cactus, but it sounds completely exhausting. Hope you get a chance to relax and recharge.

scrappyjacky said...

Nothing glamourous about business trips at all!

Melissa said...

Such a shame you didn't have any fun time, but these are lovely photos.

Sian said...

Cheri, that sounds like an exhausting schedule ( can you tell energy levels are on my mind right now?!)

Your early morning photos are fantaatic, they really evoke that feeling you get looking at the sky so early in the day

Anonymous said...

Lovely photos Cheri but I do feel for you spending so much time on planes and in airports.

MonicaB said...

Love the big blue sky!! Business trips are always crazy and exhausting, but at least you had a wonderful view! Glad you arrived home safe and sound.

Deb @ PaperTurtle said...

Hi Cheri ~ Too bad you didn't get to venture out (especially with me!!!) but you got some gorgeous photos nonetheless! Glad you had a safe trip...hope you are having a good weekend. xo

humel said...

That's such a shame - to go all that way and see so little :( I'm glad you got a few glimpses of your surroundings at least, and hope you get to travel for pleasure soon xx

Anonymous said...

Air travel across the country is so exhausting! I'm sorry you didn't see anything of Tucson. We enjoyed a few days there in May.

Cheryl said...

I love this "anatomy of" idea. I can't tell you the number of business trips I have meant to document and haven't. I think they offer an interesting glimpse into our lives. TFS!